Amend 2012 is growing person-by-person and state-by-state across the country.
See the growing movement on our interactive map!
If your city, town, county, or state is working to reverse Citizens United, let us know so we can add you to this list. If you want to start the movement in your area or join one already underway, get involved!
Current active resolution or equivalent to reverse Citizens United pending*
- Alaska (February 2012)
- Georgia (February 2012)
- Kansas (March 2012)
- Rhode Island (March 2012)
- West Virginia (January 2012)
- Wisconsin (February 2012)
- Corvallis, Ore. – citizen vote pending November 2012
- Greenbelt, Md. – S.J. Res 33/H.J. Res 78, city council discussing 2/13/12
- Jacksonville, Fla.
- Nevada City, Calif. – City council agenda for 3/14/12 includes resolution
- Richmond, Calif.
- Sarasota, Fla.
- Seattle, Wash. (March 2012)
* The list of locations with active resolutions or equivalents pending are based on our contact with activists in the field and with lawmakers. Legislative agendas are always subject to change.
States with resolution or equivalent to reverse Citizens United
Hawaii (April 2010)
New Mexico (February 2012)
Cities, Towns, and Municipalities with resolution or equivalent to reverse Citizens United
Los Angeles, Calif. (January 2012)
Oakland, Calif. (January 2012)
Richmond, Calif. (February 2012)
Boulder, Colo. (November 2011)
South Miama, Fla.
Missoula, Mont. (November 2011)
Albany (January 2012)
New York City (January 2012)
Carrboro, N.C. (January 2012) | legislation language
Asheville, N.C. (February 2012) | legislation language
Athens, Ohio (February 2012)
Portsmouth, Ohio (February 2012) | legislation language (PDF)
Eugene, Ore. (February 2012)
Portland, Ore. (January 2012) | legislative language
Dane County, Wisc. (April 2011)